Dear members and friends of Church of the Reconciliation:
We are excited to share that we will be returning to worship inside the sanctuary on May 9th at 11:00 AM! It will be such a joy to be together once again and worship in the space that we all love.
Toward that end, a small group of members has been working on a plan for how we can safely return to in-person worship service – inside the sanctuary and outside in the Memorial Garden.
I want to inform you about our next steps and the best practices we can employ in order to do so safely and carefully. We want to keep everyone informed and as safe as we possibly can.
Please read our guidelines for worshipping indoors and outdoors. We cannot yet gather for coffee hour after services. That will be possible at a later date.
Let us know if you have any questions or concerns. We look forward to welcoming you at Church of the Reconciliation in the near future.
Pr. Michael +
Guidelines for Gathering Outside
- As we resume outside worship, we will continue to observe all safety protocols used in the past including physical distancing of at least 6’ apart, mask wearing, sanitation measures. Hand sanitizer will be available.
- A limited number of chairs will be available. Parishioners are encouraged to bring their own.
- People and families living together are allowed to sit together.
- Paper service bulletins will be distributed by usher as you enter the church yard.
- Singing at worship cannot take place at this time. It is important we observe this.
- Holy communion will be distributed as bread only. People will remain seated or stand as they are able. Pastor will distribute consecrated hosts by carefully dropping into the cupped hands of those receiving. Those receiving the bread will briefly lift mask to consume the host. Careful attention to hygiene practices will be in place at all times.
- At the end of service, all attendees will be reminded to take bulletins, chairs and all other items.
- All attendees will exit the church yard.
Guidelines for Gathering Inside Starting May 9th, 2021
- Pre-registration is required to attend indoor worship. We will try to accommodate walk-ins as best we can.
- Please call the church by 11:00 a.m. on the Friday prior to reserve your spot. You can also e-mail Sheri Rogers at email@example.com
- All attendees will need to check in prior to entering the building and a temperature check will be done.
- An usher will escort you to a designated seat and give you a worship bulletin.
- We ask that you stay in place until the end of the service. Please see an usher if you need to use the restroom.
- Attendees will be spaced at least 6’ apart, masks are required at all times, and hand sanitizer will be available. People and families living together can sit together.
- Congregational singing is not yet possible. It is important we observe this.
- Holy communion will be distributed as bread only. Pastor will distribute consecrated hosts by carefully dropping into the cupped hands of those receiving. Those receiving the bread will briefly lift their mask to consume the host after pastor has stepped away. Careful attention to hygiene practices will be in place at all times.
- When the service has ended, please exit the church promptly and avoid congregating in groups. There will be no coffee hour after the service.